Global Thin Film Semiconductor Deposition Market is estimated to reach $36 billion by 2025; growing at a CAGR of 14.1% from 2017 to 2025. Thin film semiconductors offer numerous benefits such as lightweight, low space consumption, high efficiency, and shape flexibility compared to traditional silicon (c-Si). These are made from artificial semiconductor materials having thickness from nanometers to few hundred millimeters. With such benefits. These are used in many applications such as wearable technologies, DRAMs, solar panels, and microprocessors, among others. Two broad categories of thin film semiconductors technology include physical vapor deposition (PVD), and chemical vapor deposition (CVD), and these are having usage in may industries including electronics, IT & telecom, aerospace & defense, automotive, among others.
Major factors driving the global thin film semiconductor deposition market are technological benefit of thin film compared to conventional silicon, growing demand for high efficiency & miniaturization, growing requirement owing to high use in emergent applications like dram, flexible Oled displays as well as Amoled displays, and heavy investment in solar power plants. However, huge investment cost may hamper the market growth. Furthermore, mounting demand of sensors in smartphone industry would unfold with numerous growth opportunities in the forecasted year.
Major segments of the global thin film semiconductor deposition market are technology, industry vertical, and geography. The technology segment comprises physical vapor deposition (PVD), chemical vapor deposition (CVD), and others (epitaxy, and electro hydrodynamic deposition). Further, industry vertical is further subdivided into as electronics, IT & telecom, energy & power, aerospace & defense, automotive, and others (healthcare and industrial).
Geographically, the global thin film semiconductor deposition market is categorized into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW). North America is further bifurcated into U.S., Canada, and Mexico whereas Europe segment consist of Germany, France, Italy, and Rest of Europe. Asia-Pacific is segmented into China, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, India, and Rest of Asia-Pacific while RoW is bifurcated into South America, Middle East, and Africa.
The major players competing in the market are Tokyo Electron Limited, Hitachi Kokusai Electric Inc., Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd, Applied Materials, Inc., CVD Equipment Corporation, Lam Research Corporation, AIXTRON SE, Ihi Hauzer Techno Coating B.V, Sumco Corporation, and Oerlikon Balzers, among others.
The key takeaways from the report
• The report will provide detailed analysis of Global Thin Film Semiconductor Deposition Market with respect to major segments such as technology, and industry vertical
• The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2016 – 2025 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2017 and 2025
• Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
• An exhaustive regional analysis of Global Thin Film Semiconductor Deposition Market has been included in the report
• Profile of the key players in the Global Thin Film Semiconductor Deposition Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of the Global Thin Film Semiconductor Deposition Market
• Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD)
• Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD)
• Others (Epitaxy, and Electro Hydrodynamic Deposition)
Industry Vertical Segments
• IT & Telecom
• Energy & Power
• Aerospace & Defense
• Others (Healthcare and Industrial)
• North America
o Rest of Europe
o South Korea
o Rest of Asia-Pacific
o South America
o Middle East